Wednesday, April 26, 2006

End of the semester

Well guys...the end of this semester is upon us. You know what that means--papers, projects, and all sorts finals. For my last couple of weeks at the News an dPublic Affairs Office, I've done quite a bit. I have written a few more stories. One of them is in the April 24 edition of The Record. I am so proud of myself and all the work that I have accomplished. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to do it, but I did. Hopefully I've gained enough skill to move on to something a little bigger. I still plan to work for the same office next semester, but I would like to do something different over the summer. Any suggestions?
Anyway, the story that is printed now is about the relationship between physical fitness and academics. I interviewed Brandi Eveland, a graduate student at MTSU. She did research on this subject with children in elementary school. Her findings were a little surprising. The only way to find those out is to read my article. I can't give everything away.
My next story turned out pretty well also. It also has a little to do with fitness, but it's more about how to get in shape and stay in shape. For those of you who may not know, there is a program designed for that in Murfreesboro. That is all I will say on that. I don't want to spoil it for anyone.
Well I think my time is up and I have really enjoyed working in the News and Public Affairs Office. I hope I'll be able to do it again next semester. If not, I'll just have to find a new internship/practicum. I hope everyone has a good summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home