Monday, May 01, 2006

blogged out

Hello again. I'm really excited about not ever having to blog again for the rest of my life. I'm just being honest. I really hate having to do this all the time, but I have really enjoyed my internship. It has given me some really great experience in the music industry and has really opened my eyes to a lot of issues that I didn't even realize existed. For instance, I never knew that such a tiny mistake could make such a huge impact.

Here's what happened. My boss sent out a press release via email just like he always does. He sent it to about 100 media and to everyone in house. Thursday, I'm just sitting at my cubicle typing away and all of a sudden I hear him yell, OH CRAP! Eventually everyone in the office knew what was going on and they were all frantic and astonished. I still didn't know what was going on until I heard that it was about the press release. I opened up my email and found the release. It was about a new band that we just started promoting. Then I was told by some coworkers to click on the link at the bottom that is supposed to lead to the band's myspace.com page. Yeah, you click on it and it leads to a picture of a naked woman. No kidding, this actually happened. He actually had to send out a retraction. It was really bad, but funny at the same time. I felt so bad for my boss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home