Tuesday, May 02, 2006

It's All Over

Well the suspense is over and the team has been eliminated. Yesterday, Monday May 1, was my last day to come into the office to finish up a few things. The feeling is very bittersweet. It is a huge relief to no longer be devoting 35 to 50 hours a week to free labor for the Nashville Predators. However, I will miss all the people I worked and learn from in the organization. The end of the game on Sunday was disappointing as all the game night staff, who I worked with during the games said good-byes. Throughout the season everyone had become very close and almost like family to each other. Yesterday, I talked with my boss and company official about the quality of performance and who I enjoyed the internship. Everyone was very pleased with my level of work, and although there is immediate opening within the company, I was assured that I would be notified if their was a job they felt I would be qualified for.
Although, I spent a lot of time and money in the last four and half months with my internship for the Nashville Predators, I wouldn't change anything about it. I was able to get a broad range of experience from promotional writing to special events to game operations. I would recommend this internship to student who are willing to do a lot of work, but get a great experience of what the front office of a major sport organization is like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home