Friday, May 05, 2006

my last issue

So my last issue for the Murfreesboro Pulse was released on Thursday. I was waiting for the release to post because I wanted to see how it looked. I feel as though I have accomplished much in this semester working for the pulse and have learned the ropes. I do plan to keep writing for them while my career path unfolds. Hopefully one day they will become a well known paper full of ads so that I can get a paid job with them. The last issue was about Cinco de Mayo and the history of it. That was interesting to do, one because I got to find out about the history of the date, and two because of learning how to deal with problems. The main problem was the language barrier. I had to talk to many mexican restauraunts in town and ask about celebrations that they may be having. I learned quickly that patience would be needed for this interview. But I made it out ok and the story made the paper. I really am glad for the experiences that I had writing for them. Hopefully I will be able to use these in post-graduation world. Thanks again for reading my blogs and bearing with me. Hopefully one day you'll see the name Travis Young and recognize it from these days as a student. Bubye.

1 Comments:

Blogger perfumeoilge said...

I was looking for something else when I found your blog.Anyway I found it very useful.You may visit my new Perfumes and Fragrances blog if you like.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home